Support our advocacy for safer streets in Denver.
raised by 57 people
The Denver Streets Partnership (DSP) is a coalition of community organizations advocating for people-friendly streets in Denver. Our staff operates as part of the 501(c)3, Bicycle Colorado.
We envision an equitable and vibrant Denver where human dignity is the guiding principle for our transportation system and communities, with living, public spaces that allow everyone to thrive and connect to what matters most to them.
We advocate for the cultural and systemic changes necessary to reduce our city’s unsustainable dependence on cars and to design communities that put people first. Learn more about our approach on our website.
OUR WORK IN 2023
With the support of Denverites like you, we achieved a lot for people-friendly streets this year:
- Led a historical bike and roll tour through various Black landmarks in Denver on MLK Day, in collaboration with Rowdy Goudy LLC, Ride for Racial Justice, and Bicycle Colorado
- Provided Denver voters with an arsenal of key information to make informed decisions about the issues we stand for in the 2023 municipal election
- Partnered in creating the first-ever ¡Viva! Streets Denver event series to bring the joy of open streets to thousands on four Sundays throughout the summer
- Organized grassroots activations promoting the Regional Transportation District's Zero Fare for Better Air program to increase ridership and lower emissions July through August
- Created Denver's first-ever National Week Without Driving campaign, featuring a film screening and panel discussion with city leaders, in collaboration with Pedestrian Dignity and the National Organization for Youth Safety
- Supported vital, community-led cultural celebrations: Little Saigon's Lunar New Year and Mid-Autumn Festival, Sun Valley's Viaduct Night Market, and Westwood's Cinco de Mayo and Chile Fest
- Launched our weekly E-Bike 101 Webinar series to educate people who ride or would like to ride e-bikes in Colorado on safer e-bike riding and ownership practices, in partnership with Bicycle Colorado
- Served on the Mayor's DOTI Transition Committee and the City's Sidewalk Taskforce to advise the City's transportation planning and implementation of the landmark Denver Deserves Sidewalks ordinance passed in November 2022
- Won strong support from the Colorado Department of Transportation to redesign the highway-style interchange of Colfax and Federal—two of Denver's deadliest streets—to provide safer and better connections for people walking, rolling, biking, and accessing transit
- Funded over 100 neighborhood projects via our Denver Community Active Living Coalition (CALC) Microgrant program, in partnership with Denver CALC and the Department of Transportation & Infrastructure (DOTI)
- Trained and strengthened Denver's community of safe-street advocates through our virtual Advocacy Orientations, volunteer programming, and community gatherings
- Successfully fought to maintain funding for Vision Zero and Safe Routes to School in the City's 2024 Annual Budget, after the Mayor initially proposed cuts in these areas
- Hosted Denver's World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims event to bring awareness to Denver's issue of road traffic violence and witness city leaders re-affirm Denver's commitment to Vision Zero
Help us continue this important work into 2024, because the people of Denver deserve a complete transportation system with human dignity in mind.
This fundraiser supports
Organized By Denver Streets Partnership Denver Streets Partnership