Celebrating 20 years of creating caring cultures in schools to prevent bullying and suicides!
1,000 donor goal
9 months left
2024 is the 20th Anniversary of the B.I.O.N.I.C. Team!!!
We have a lot to celebrate with the hundreds of thousands of lives we have impacted, directly and indirectly, over the last 20 years by creating caring school cultures and preventing bullying and suicides!
We are looking for 1,000 people to donate just $20 to celebrate the efforts of our students worldwide - kindergarten through college - who have sought to reach out to struggling peers to let them know they are seen, they matter, and they are not alone.
Will you come alongside the young people in our schools to let them know their comminuties support them and are standing with them with a $20 donation to keep B.I.O.N.I.C. going for another 20 years?
Each month in 2024, we will be celebrating 20 (18 people - current students or alumni, volunteers, parents, and school staff members - plus 2 schools) that are making or have made an impact through our B.I.O.N.I.C. efforts to make a difference in this world.
Sign up at https://www.bionicteam.org/newsletter/ to get more information about these efforts or to nominate someone or a school.
B.I.O.N.I.C. is Turning 20 in 2024!!!
For 20 years B.I.O.N.I.C. Teams (Believe It Or Not I Care) in schools worldwide - kindergarten through college - have been reaching kids who are struggling as never before! Anxiety, depression, hopelessness, and suicidal thoughts are escalating almost daily with suicide being the 2nd leading cause of death of youth!
In 2004, School Counselor Sandy Austin, now B.I.O.N.I.C.'s Executive Director, started the B.I.O.N.I.C. Team after being one of the most involved counselors with the Columbine High School shooting and then 2 years later experincing 4 suicides in 8 months at Green Mountain High School. B.I.O.N.I.C. empowered the students at Green Mountain to reach out to hurting peers. Then Ms. Austin transferred to Pomona High School and they wanted a B.I.O.N.I.C. Team too. Over 1,200 students at Green Mountain and Pomona reached out to over 140,000 people directly or indirectly in 14 years.
In honor of the worldwide movement, those 1,200 students started 20 years ago, we are looking for 1,000 people to donate $20 each to keep this caring legacy going. The movement has spread to over 5 countries so far. We are in the second generation being impacted by B.I.O.N.I.C., and we want to see it continue for generations to come.
Still to this day, B.I.O.N.I.C. students reach out to:
- new students to provide connection and friendship
- sick students to help with homework and tutoring
- hospitalized students to let them know they are not forgotten
- bullied students to let them know they are not alone
- students who lose loved ones so they know there is support for them in their grief
- other schools that experience tragedy
Through these efforts B.I.O.N.I.C. students have prevented peers from falling through the cracks or spiraling down into more serious issues like thoughts of suicide.
Will you help us keep these caring efforts going for another 20 years?
- Are you a current B.I.O.N.I.C. student who wants to help other schools start B.I.O.N.I.C. Teams to reach out to their hurting students too?
- Are you a B.I.O.N.I.C. alum who will donate $20 to keep your legacy going?
- Are you a parent of a current or former B.I.O.N.I.C. student who will donate $20 in appreciation for what your student learned from B.I.O.N.I.C.?
- Are you a current or former school staff member who is seeing or saw B.I.O.N.I.C. give your students or yourself hope and want to donate $20 to see it continue?
- Are you a business or community member who has seen B.I.O.N.I.C.'s impact in making your community a more caring place, and want to donate $20 to make that happen in other communities too?
- Are you someone new to B.I.O.N.I.C. and want to see B.I.O.N.I.C.'s impact continue for generations to come by donating $20 today?
Please click on the "Donate" button above to be one of the 1,000 who will empower kids to continue to reach out to struggling students. For more information about B.I.O.N.I.C. Teams, go to our website at www.bionicteam.org.
If you have questions, feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or call our office at 720-588-0978.
B.I.O.N.I.C. (Believe It Or Not I Care) is a 501(c)3 project of the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center. Your gifts are tax-deductible.
This fundraiser supports
Colorado Nonprofit Development Center (CNDC)
Organized By Sandy Austin