Recognizing the unique needs of the peoples and communities of the Western Slope of Colorado, Catholic Charities has established a strong regional service in Garfield, Pitkin and Eagle Counties with a highly dedicated staff. Our main office is in Glenwood Springs, with satellite offices in Avon, Eagle, and Rifle. We provide material, emotional and spiritual support that enable individuals and families to live independent and dignified lives.
The Western Slope Office services include three major programs:
• Homeless Prevention - Assists families and individuals threatened by homelessness in Eagle, Garfield, and Pitkin counties by providing rental assistance, individualized case management, supportive services and tenant advocacy.
• Community Integration Services (CIS) - CIS assists the most vulnerable in our community advocating for and helping clients access social justice. Services include case management, victim services (including cases of wage theft, crimes in the workplace and housing fraud), community building, conflict resolution, and interpretation/translation.
• Emergency Assistance - We provide financial aid to help prevent homelessness, stabilize families in crisis, prevent utility shut off, assist with basic emergency health needs, and more.
Statistics according to our most recent fiscal year (FY 17/18):
• 1,636 clients were served
• 302 clients accessed our mediation & advocacy services
• 106 households received emergency rental assistance
• $30,000 of unpaid wages were recovered by working families through the CIS wage theft program.