Your gift will directly assist families in need on the Western Slope.
raised by 2 people
Recognizing the unique needs of the people and communities on the Western Slope of Colorado, Catholic Charities has established a strong regional service network in Garfield, Pitkin, and Eagle Counties with a highly dedicated staff. Our main office is in Glenwood Springs, with satellite offices in Avon and Eagle. We provide material, emotional, and spiritual support that enable individuals and families to live independent and dignified lives.
THE IMPACT OF YOUR GIFT:
“John” is a single father and a veteran raising his severely disabled 4 year old daughter. He came to Catholic Charities for help when he was facing immediate eviction and his utilities were shut off after his employer failed to pay wages in the amount of $6,000. With the help of Catholic Charities, John was able to keep his house and get his electricity turned back on. He was able to pursue his wage theft case to get the $6,000 he was owed and find other employment. Catholic Charities was also able to connect him with a number of community resources, including veteran’s services and getting him access to his daughter’s social security disability.
“Carmen” came in for help with rent after the death of her husband this fall. She had taken time off to care for him and then immediately following his death, leading her to fall behind in rent. While assisting her with rent, she mentioned her concern that their mobile home was only in the name of her husband. With the help of Catholic Charities, she was able to work with the County Clerk and Recorder’s office to get the correct paperwork together and navigate the process to successfully put the title to the mobile home in her name. She now feels more secure in her housing moving forward, and is committed to working through her grief with the counseling services Catholic Charities helped her secure.
• Homeless Prevention - Assists families and individuals threatened by homelessness in Eagle, Garfield, and Pitkin counties by providing rental assistance, individualized case management, supportive services and tenant advocacy.
• Community Integration Services (CIS) - CIS assists the most vulnerable in our community advocating for and helping clients access social justice. Services include case management, victim services (including cases of wage theft, crimes in the workplace and housing fraud), community building, conflict resolution, and interpretation/translation.
• Emergency Assistance - We provide financial aid to help prevent homelessness, stabilize families in crisis, prevent utility shut-off, assist with basic emergency health needs, and more.
Statistics according to our 22/23 fiscal year:
• 20 households and 52 individuals assisted with victims' services, mediation, life-skills programs and more through Community Integration Services
• Nearly 1,377 households provided with emergency assistance (utilities, rent, medical and/or transportation)
• 193 households moved out of homelessness or avoided imminent eviction through the Homeless Prevention Services
*Western Slope is a ministry of Catholic Charities*
This fundraiser supports
Catholic Charities and Community Services of the Archdiocese of Denver
Organized By Charities Catholic