The Building Campaign has remodeled the Main Library and will enlarge and remodel North Branch.
raised by 58 people
3 months left
The Summit County libraries in Frisco and Silverthorne were built at a time when Summit County's needs and the role of the local library were vastly different. Changes in population and expanding technology, paired with the expanding social, educational, and economic roles of modern libraries, are severely limited with facilities designed for the past. Our Building Campaign is an effort to ensure that the Summit County community can continue to count on the library as a literary, educational, technological, and social center for Summit County in the decades to come.
The expansion and remodel of North Branch in Silverthorne, Colorado began August 2022. The North Branch has moved to temporary facilities at the Bluebird Market in Silverthorne. Some features of the North Branch project include:
•Modernize and expand the library by 4,900 square feet, helping us meet the growing demand for space and resources.
•Build more community meeting rooms and study rooms for all ages and our increasingly linguistically and culturally diverse community.
•Provide expanded outdoor spaces including two outdoor reading decks.
•Expand children's reading and creative areas and provide dedicated areas for teens.
•Accessible, flexible, and sustainable design providing a comfortable and safe interior
The Main Library in Frisco finished the remodel in March of 2022. If you haven't seen the improvements, please visit! When you walk in, you will notice a brighter, more open, and user-friendly space. There is a newly renovated children's area and brand new teen area. Also you will find a new convenient main entrance.
There are three ways to make a contribution to the future of the Summit County Library.
NAMING RIGHTS: If you are donating to a Naming Right, email the Summit County Library Foundation at: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the forms necessary to complete the donation. All Naming Rights donations will be listed on donor walls in both libraries. For more information, including architect's drawing showing the location of each Naming Right, visit Online Brochure. The following naming opportunities are available:
- Library Meeting Area - $25,000
- Study Rooms (2) - $10,000 each
- Private Study Room - $5,000
- Work Study Tables - $10,000
- Informal Study/Meeting Area - $10,000
- ALREADY PURCHASED:
- New Entrance - $50,000 - RESERVED BY THE SUMMIT FOUNDATION
- Adult Reading Area - $20,000 - RESERVED BY KEN GRAY
- Computer Area Adult - $5,000 - RESERVED BY PATRICIA LARSON
- Children's Area - $30,000 - RESERVED BY ALPINE BANK
- Kitchen Area Children's Craft Space - $5,000 - RESERVED BY ANNETTA AND LOUIS POTTS
- Teen Area- $15,000 - RESERVED BY THE TOWN OF FRISCO
- Study Room - $5,000 - RESERVED BY TRACY LARSON
- Circulation Desks and Service Point Area- $10,000 RESERVED BY FRIENDS OF THE SUMMIT COUNTY LIBRARIES
- Outlook Lounge Area - $5,000 RESERVED BY BILL AND SANDY BRUNS
- Adult Reading Extension (East) - $50,000
- Community Meeting Room - $15,000
- Foyer to the Meeting Room - $15,000
- Main Foyer and Self Checks - $15,000
- Reading Nook - $15,000
- North Patio - $10,000 - RESERVED BY THE AUTHOR'S CIRCLE
- Fireplace - $15,000 - RESERVED BY JOHN AND PAT TAYLOR
- Teen Room and Teen Room Study Area - $20,000 - RESERVED BY BOB AND LINDA DAVIS FAMILY FUND
- Adult Reading (West) - $50,000 - RESERVED BY THE TOWN OF SILVERTHORNE
- Large Community Meeting Room - $50,000 - RESERVED BY EGON AND ELAINE GERSON
- Large Study Area - $25,000 - RESERVED BY SUE AND HOWARD CARVER
- Outdoor Deck - $15,000 - RESERVED BY FRIENDS OF THE SUMMIT COUNTY LIBRARIES
- Private Study Room - $5,000 RESERVED BY DR. NEIL ALLEN
- Circulation Desks - $10,000 RESERVED BY JANET AND MICHAEL GOOD
- Children's Craft Area - $5,000 RESERVED BY ANNETTA AND LOUIS POTTS
- Children's Area - $50,000 - RESERVED IN MEMORY OF EILEEN FINKEL
- Children's Computer Area - $5,000 - RESERVED BY ROTARY CLUB OF SUMMIT COUNTY
- Computer Area - Adult - $5,000 - RESERVED BY BARBARA PARRY
- Exterior Entry Way with Bench - $5,000 - RESERVED BY DR. NEIL ALLEN
With a minimum donation of $100, you will receive an Authors' Circle kit including: A commemorative book bag with a special edition library card.
To purchase an Author's Circle by mail, please print and fill out the attached donation form.
Any donation of $1,000 or more will have the donor's name on the plaque displayed on the Donor Wall in the Main Library and North Branch.
Thank you for your generous support of our libraries! You are helping to write the next chapter in the Summit County Library Story with your donations to the Capital Campaign!
This fundraiser supports
Summit County Library Foundation
Organized By Summit County Library Foundation