We are growing to provide ONE-STOP care in Aurora with our new Crisis and Acute Care Center.
raised by 52 people
Days to Consider Timing Your Donations
Timing your donation around a specific prize incentive is a great way to make your dollars go even further. You can help us win more money by donating or participating in CO Gives events during the following times:
- (Nov. 1 – Dec. 4) Early Giving - All nonprofits receive a % of the CO Gives Incentive Fund equal to the % they raise for Colorado Gives Day. Raise 10%, get 10% of the Incentive Fund.
- (Nov. 1 – Dec. 4) Corporate Challenge presented by Delta Dental of Colorado - The first 100 companies to raise $1,000 between Nov. 1 and Dec. 4 get another $1,000 for their designated nonprofit(s) from Delta Dental of Colorado. Learn how to set up a Group Giving page to participate: https://youtu.be/G0mF8zBE-Vg?si=Ag2DvqdBP9K1McNa
- (Nov. 1 – Dec. 4) Growth Prize - $5,000 will be awarded to a returning nonprofit with the biggest year over year growth on Coloradogives.org (Nov. 1 – Colorado Gives Day 2022 vs. 2023) for dollars raised on ColoradoGives.org.
- (Nov. 20 until $250,000 match runs out) Recurring Match – When donors set up a NEW monthly donation on ColoradoGives.org, the Colorado Gives Foundation will match the SECOND donation up to $100 and up to $250,000 in total across all organizations!
- (Nov. 27 – Dec. 1) Facebook Trivia Contest hosted by FirstBank – FirstBank hosts this on their Facebook page. Look for the @ColoradoGives tag. Questions are posted twice a day and winners are randomly drawn from all the correct answers. Guess the correct answer and name AMHR as the nonprofit you’re playing for!
(Dec. 5) Colorado Gives Day – There’s a LOT happening on Dec. 5th including:
- Power Hours – 15 prizes of $2,000 each for nonprofits who bring in the most donations during these hours: 7 am – 8 am | 10 am – 11 am | 4 pm – 5 pm | 7 pm – 8 pm | 10 pm – 11 pm
- Donor Prize: Southwest Airlines Prize - Make a donation of $100 or more to a single nonprofit on ColoradoGivesDay.org on Dec. 5 and you’re automatically entered into an hourly random prize. One winner each hour will win a Southwest Airlines voucher good for roundtrip airfare up to $400. Colorado Gives Foundation will also award a bonus roundtrip ticket after midnight from all donors who give $100 or more to a single nonprofit in the 24-hour period on Dec. 5.
The Aurora community's mental health needs are increasing and Aurora Mental Health & Recovery (AMHR) needs your help growing to meet this challenge! Colorado Gives Day is Dec. 5, 2023 - but you can donate anytime!
Every year, Colorado comes together to raise funds for local nonprofits, and we hope to earn your support. This year, we’re raising funds for our upcoming Crisis and Acute Care Center. Your donation will help us provide one-stop mental health care to thousands of community members in Aurora, Colorado. You won't find a better opportunity to put your money to work in the Aurora community!
OUR COMMUNITY'S CHALLENGE
There has never been a bigger need for community mental health services here in Colorado.
- Depression and anxiety are on the rise, especially among school-age youth.
- Overdoses, suicides, and opioid deaths continue to increase, as do psychiatric emergencies.
- Stresses on those experiencing homelessness have intensified as social isolation and shelter insecurity increase.
Many times each day, police and other first responders encounter persons experiencing these health crises where a hospital emergency room may not be the best option for accessing care. For the person seeking care alone, or perhaps accompanied by a friend or family member, the dilemma can be even more challenging.
OUR ENVISIONED CRISIS AND ACUTE CARE CENTER
AMHR (formerly AuMHC) purchased a 7.3-acre property at 1290 S. Potomac in mid-2020. Our objective is to provide “one-stop” access to mental health and substance use crisis and acute care in Aurora.
To achieve this, we plan to relocate our walk-in crisis services (WIC), crisis stabilization unit (CSU), and substance use intervention and withdrawal management (detox) services, currently located at 2206 Victor Street on the Anschutz Medical Campus. We will also host our Connect to Care (same-day services), currently at 791 Chambers Road, on this property. This will require the construction of a new facility to fully accommodate these co-locations.
Given our service history, current service trends, and projected improvements in access and coordination, we anticipate serving more than 10,000 community members at this location in its first year of operation.
CRISIS AND ACUTE CARE IN A HEALING ENVIRONMENT
The new center will incorporate state-of-the-art architecture, design, and furnishings that reduce stress, foster calm, and facilitate healing for the diverse community we serve. Identified and recognized as “trauma-informed” throughout the healthcare industry, such designs of healthcare spaces are proven to enhance the client experience and produce better health outcomes.
PARTNERS AND STAKEHOLDERS
We are collaborating with the city of Aurora, Arapahoe County, Adams County, and the state of Colorado. We have the support of Signal Behavioral Health Network which manages our state of Colorado Medicaid contract and the federal funds designated for crisis and substance use services.
Our partners and stakeholders include all relevant first responder and law enforcement entities in Aurora and the southern metro area to ensure that our “one-stop” intentions and plans are practical and adaptable to their officers and responders.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We have embarked on an initiative to secure $44 million in funding necessary to bring this vision to fruition and thereby improve the health, safety, and well-being of our community. We are seeking a combination of public funding and private philanthropic contributions over the next several months as we prepare to open the new facility in early 2025.
Colorado Gives provides an excellent opportunity for you to help AND have your donation go even further with the additional prizes and incentives provided by FirstBank and community partners from around the state. Please donate today and share this fundraiser with your friends and family in the community!
This fundraiser supports
Aurora Mental Health & Recovery