Creating a statewide agenda for Colorado through Social Impact, Educational Impact & Economic Impact
raised by 13 people
To our amazing supporters,
The African Leadership Group (ALG) never stands still. The advocacy and service nonprofit organization, founded in 2006 by Senegalese immigrant Papa Dia, continues to grow and evolve to meet the ever-shifting needs of our members.
Your generous donations will help continue to grow the following programs:
- ALG’s Youth Empowerment initiative launched an Education Scholarship program in 2021. This program helps to offset the education cost of students attending a two-four-year higher education institute. A generous grant from Pacific Western Bank helped 12 scholarship recipients attend a wide range of colleges and universities, including CSU-Fort Collins, Howard University, University of Denver, Cornell University and Baylor University to name a few.
- ALG’s Business & Economic Opportunity committee launched two six-week, intensive entrepreneurship workshops for current and aspiring business owners.
- ALG’s Homeownership & Financial committee hosts quarterly workshops to help the community members build generational wealth and become a homeowner.
- ALG’s Youth Empowerment committee continues to offer an after-school tutoring program for community members with students from 2nd to 12th grade. This platform offers homework help in core subjects (math, reading, writing, science and social studies) connecting with live tutors online twice a week.
- ALG’s Health & Wellness committee organized a Health Fair that was held at the African Leadership Group Center in Aurora, Colorado. More than 200 immigrants, migrants and refugees attended, some received their blood work, vaccines and others took advantage of free screenings such as blood pressure, BMI, Ask a Medical Question, Diabetes Risk Assessment, Stress Assessment, and much more.
- This is our 3nd year of our Leadership Africa program that provides long-term benefits to our community and to all Coloradans. This leadership program helps to unleash the brilliance that shines from our people, be they just beginning their careers or already deeply immersed in their professional lives. Leadership Africa is a professional and civic leadership development program that encourages participants to take on greater community and professional leadership roles by creating a valuable opportunity for gaining leadership skills, building self-awareness, personal development and professional growth, and learning about local systems and institutions.
We rely on the generosity of people like you to support us financially. We would like to extend a heart-felt thank you for your continued support to our organization over the years.
Please consider a gift to the African Leadership Group on Colorado Gives Day to help us continue the programs & events below for years to come!
ALG is a project of Colorado Nonprofit Development Center.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION! WE COULD NOT DO THIS AMAZING WORK WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT!
This fundraiser supports
Colorado Nonprofit Development Center (CNDC)
Organized By African Leadership Group