A comprehensive campaign to preserve the legacy of the Vail Interfaith Chapel.
raised by 9 people
5 months left
What is a town without a chapel? What is a community without a cultural center? The Vail Interfaith Chapel serves our entire community 365 days a year. Over the past 5 decades, the Vail Interfaith Chapel has kept the spiritual heart of Vail intact as the town’s critical center of faith, healing, spirituality, human and social services, and culture. The story of this place is of solace, acceptance, community outreach, worship, peace, joy and forgiveness where we share life celbrations, food, shelter, generosity, sorrow and loss, stories and memories.
The 50th Anniversary Capital Campaign is a comprehensive effort to improve the facility’s structural and aesthetic integrity while preserving its beautiful historic character. Modernizing our structures and re-designing our exterior gardens enhance this effort. Additionally, the campaign will sustain this iconic. Vail landmark by increasing the operating and capital reserve funds and building a sustaining endowment.
Help us secure our future and preserve our history. Restoring and preserving a space of spiritual connection and community in the heart of Vail is our responsibility. Now is the moment to ensure that the Vail Interfaith Chapel will continue to be part of life’s greatest celebrations and a place of convening to lift up community members during their greatest times of need. Achieving this goal requires the financial strength and stability to provide for the present and the thousands of residents and visitors who will seek healing, hope, community and possibilities that come from the Vail Interfaith Chapel.
Guided by our commitment to community, faith, and connection, we have identified a campaign goal of $9.3 million to provide for the future sustainability of the Vail Interfaith Chapel. You can help us get there.
Thanks to your commitment, we have met our capital fundraising goal for Phase I of the campaign. During these first two phases of renovations nearly $4 million was raised and the following has been completed:
- The parking lot has been fully repaved and now includes a heated drive, heated walkways and stairs to improve safety during winter.
- Roof replacement including snow fence, heat tape and gutters.
- Roof replacement including snow fence, heated tape and gutters.
- Solar Panels and Electric Vehicle Chargers have been installed.
- New windows throughout both buildings have been installed.
- Have improved ADA accessibility and compliance.
During the next phase of construction, we are expanding the outdoor space to create new gardens, terraces, and outdoor places of solitude that extend to the bank of Gore Creek. The additional capital renovations that are set to compclude at the end of 2022 include:
- Replacing the elevator to support ADA accessibility.
- Renovating the Sacristy to update this sacred space of reflection for clergy members.
- Upgrading electrical and HVAC systems to be energy efficient and add air conditioning to the building.
- Renovating the Main Chapel lower level to open the space to the beautiful new outdoor terraces and gardens.
- Modernizing the Chapel and Ministry buildings with security, sound and IT/AV upgrades.
- Refurbishing all woodwork throughout Chapel, pews and chairs and bring necessary aesthetic updated to the main Chapel.
- Expanding and building an outdoor oasis along the river to include terraces, gardens, a labyrinth and beautiful reflection space for community members to enjoy.
This fundraiser supports
Vail Interfaith Chapel