Adolescents/Youth (13-19 years)
Children (4-12 years)
Poor, Economically Disadvantaged, Indigent
We are in the process of finalizing an MOU with the International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) to better leverage our funds on existing and future projects.
A draft MOU has been created with projections for facility improvements in our existing schools as well as planning processes for future schools and programs. The IOCC will be dedicating money and personnel on site in sub-Saharan Africa to ensure program success. Final approval and singing of documents should take place in 2017.
People With AIDS
Youth/Adolescents only (14 - 19 years)
The Goal of this project is to support education in Uganda by building a secondary school (S1 - S4) that will accommodate approximately 240 students at a time.
Each classroom will accommodate 60 day-students (no boarding). The school will be built in one phase and will accept students from grade S1 to S4.
1. Construct four classrooms and office space;
2. Construct a well and install a rainwater harvesting system with funds provided by International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC);
3. Equip four classrooms with desks and other essential teaching equipment;
4. Construct two sets of toilet/latrine blocks and wash area; and
5. Establish a local Project Monitoring Committee and a Parent Teacher Association.
The ultimate success indicator for this project will be the presence of students at the school, using all four new classrooms that are in turn fully equipped to provide students with quality education. However, the below intermediate indicators will be used to measure the progress being made toward the achievement of the overall goal of the project:
1. An agreement signed between the UOC and building engineer;
2. Securing a building permit;
3. Forming a PMC and PTA to serve the school;
4. Construction of the four classrooms;
5. Construction of the well and install the rainwater harvesting system;
6. Construction of two sets of toilet/latrine blocks, including wash areas;
7. Procuring the necessary furniture/desks and tables for classrooms and staff office; and
8. Wiring classrooms for electricity.