Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners is a statewide, 24/7, year-round, community-based system of crisis intervention services from which people experiencing mental health and/or substance abuse crises can be assessed, safely and effectively stabilized, and efficiently linked to appropriate follow-up care and services.
Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners (formerly Metro Crisis Services) was created in September 2008 as the result of a multi-year planning process, originally called "The Triage Project," which was led by Mental Health America of Colorado (MHAC). This process involved over 100 community stakeholders (human service providers, law enforcement, consumers/family members, philanthropists, governments, and hospitals). These stakeholders identified a critical need to offer a systemic approach to behavioral healthcare access for Colorado residents. Implementation of the Metro Crisis Line in 2010 was the first tangible step in developing the crisis system envisioned in the planning process and achieving the following organizational goals:
• To make mental health and substance use disorder care more accessible to people in need;
• To provide a local, professional resource to community members that responds to immediate mental health needs;
• To intervene in situations involving people with mental health or substance use disorders before they require the attention of law enforcement or other first responders;
• To reduce or eliminate suicide;
• To eliminate unnecessary use of hospital emergency departments and jails for people with mental health or substance use needs.
Through the Metro Crisis Line and the new Colorado Crisis and Support Line,Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners has over four years of experience operating a public 24/7 behavioral health-oriented crisis hotline service for Coloradans.
"Thank you for taking the time to help me figure out how to talk to my daughter about her suicidal thoughts and what to do about finding this note!" - Crisis Line Caller
"I never thought of using coping skills to distract me. Thanks for helping me to remember the things that I used to enjoy doing!" - Crisis Line Caller
"Thank you for the support and services you have provided me on many occasions. You have played a key part in my recovery and it makes me feel safe knowing that I can call at any time." - Crisis Line Caller
"Thank you for helping me come up with a plan for today! I was so overwhelmed when we first got on the phone and now I feel ready to start my day!" - Crisis Line Caller