Union Colony Children's Music Academy (UCCMA) was founded in 1989 as the first early childhood music and movement program in Northern Colorado, and became a nonprofit in 2001 to better serve our students. Currently, UCCMA offers music and movement classes to over 500 children from birth to young adult and to over 50 adults with developmental disabilities.
Through the years we have been recognized as one of the top 10 Musikgarten programs in the country, and have been awarded the Musikgarten Exemplary Program Certificate yearly since 2004. We received the Group Community Service Award in Services for Children in 2009 and 2016, the Celebrate 6! Award from District 6 in 2016, the Annual Achieve With Us Award from the Arc of Weld County in 2018, and were recognized as a Public Health Champion by Weld County in 2007.
Our current services include multiple movement and music classes per week from September to July and in the summer and include the following:
* Thirty-three classes designed for children and families in age specific and developmentally appropriate class groupings from birth to age twelve, including piano, ukulele, and guitar class instruction.
* Five classes geared specifically for families with children with disabilities and adaptive needs to allow a space for families who wish for an opportunity to network and meet with other families with children with special needs, as well as space for families who wish to participate in a class where they don't have to explain about their child and everyone has understanding.
*Classes that partner with Envision to bring the joys of professional community music making and movement to adults with developmental disabilities.
* Classes with the District 6 Early Childhood Center in the Colorado Preschool Program as well as with the Colorado Preschool Program classrooms at ABC East Childhood Center.
* Partnership and regular outreach classes with the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind, Jefferson High School in Greeley, SEVA, and Best Starts for Babies and Toddlers.
* Summer day camps and classes for children from three to nine years that allow a more in depth as well as holistic approach to music and movement experiences, including partnership with Houston Gardens in Greeley.