Denver Film has been transforming and entertaining the Colorado community since 1978. Forty-five years later, DF has grown into a signature cultural organization in the West, screening international and independent films found nowhere else in the region. Initially, DF answered the need for a national-caliber independent film festival in Colorado and since has grown into a vital community resource that builds resilience by amplifying diverse voices. In an era of censorship, book burning, and misinformation, Denver Films' purpose in the Colorado community is needed now more than ever.
Denver Film's robust programming includes:
• Denver Film Festival: Our flagship event features 230+ films, special events, red carpets, immersive & virtual reality (VR) experiences, and cinema panels.
• Film On the Rocks: Our summertime series is hosted at Red Rocks Amphitheater in partnership with Denver Arts and Venues.
• Sie FilmCenter: Denver Film’s year-round home base for In-Person Theatrical Screenings, which hosts approximately 200,000 filmgoers annually
• Women+Film: This is a six-day event showcasing films about and by women worldwide, serving upwards of 2,000 patrons annually.
• CinemaQ: This four-day festival celebrates LGBTQ+ cinema and hosts around 1,300+ attendees each year.
• Colorado Dragon Boat Film Festival: Colorado’s only Asian and Asian American Film Festival. Denver Film has partnered with Colorado Dragon Boat to co-present this festival.
• To learn more about Denver Film's year-round film series programs go DenverFilm.org