Since 1965, Wild Plum Center has been a leader in providing early childhood education & developmental services in the Longmont community. Since its grassroots start, Wild Plum Center has envisioned a future in which all of Longmont's children are provided opportunities for learning and growth, and all parents are empowered to meet the needs of their children. Parents are the first, best and most important teachers to their children.
Wild Plum Center currently serves 263 children and families that are below the federal poverty level. Wild Plum Center offers a complete continuum of services for the critical developmental window from prenatal through five. We are working diligently to continue to expand its services to address the growing and unmet early educational needs of the Longmont area. With the purchase of a new site in 2017 we are expanding both infant/toddler and preschool slots.
Wild Plum Center works to address any and all aspects of need within a child's life, allowing for more fruitful educational and developmental experiences.
Brief Overview of Services:
- Educational, Curriculum-Based Preschool Classes
- Education on Developmental Milestones
- Parent Education
- Family Support and Case Management
- Mental Health Services for Children and Parents
- Child and Parent Socialization Activities
- Support for Early Physical Health Needs, Including Health and Dental Screenings, as well as, Well-Baby Appointments
- Nutrition Information, as well as, Highly Nutritional Meals and Snacks
All services are offered in English and Spanish and are provided at NO COST to parents and guardians. WPC is the only early childhood education program in the area that offers individualized and comprehensive services to both the child and the family.