Mobility for Life
We are a lifeline for people who need transportation with extra support.
Via’s accessible transportation services help people with mobility limitations — such as older adults and people with disabilities — participate in everyday activities outside the home. We go beyond taking people door-to-door in wheelchair-accessible vehicles. Our uniquely trained drivers take clients door-through-door, ensuring passengers exit their homes and are received at their destination safely.
That means you can rest assured your grandparent with dementia will be checked into the doctor’s office. Or your parent using a wheelchair will be assisted on and off our vehicles. Or your daughter with autism will be treated respectfully and compassionately to and from her workplace.
Pictured right: Via Paratransit rider Seth receives rides to and from work.
The Gift of Mobility
Your support will help more friends, family, and neighbors travel for health care, work, shopping, recreation, social events, and more. Donations mean people with mobility limitations can:
- Live more independent, self-sufficient lives
- Increase connection and decrease social isolation
- Receive consistent healthcare
- Engage with the community and its resources
People who use Via’s services tell us why it matters to them:
- “Our daughter, who is autistic, uses Via’s services to get to her worksite on a regular basis. She loves it! Your drivers make her feel comfortable, important, and safe.” Teresa H.
- “Via gives me more power and security in my life as an older person. I never imagined I could get independence, privacy, and dignity again.” Lorraine L.
- “I’m not able to drive because of epilepsy. I feel so lucky to be part of a community that offers this kind of help for people like me who cannot drive safely.” Deborah R.
- “If it weren’t for Via, I would be at home, doing nothing.” L. L.
Pictured right: Via Paratransit driver Jesse Trujillo supports rider Jean Hatfield off a vehicle using a wheelchair lift.
Learn more about the people who rely on Via.
Thank you for your support.