Gifts through Giving First & Colorado Gives Day enrich the community by providing:
1) Scholarships to deserving students
2) Free materials to children's programming
3) Access to programs such as Artability and The Art Center Lectures
4) Exhibition opportunities for students, teachers, members, and artists from around the country
5) Outreach partnerships to bring art experiences to other neighborhood locations
6) Up-keep to our building, art studios, galleries, and grounds.
"The Western Colorado Center for the Arts is truly committed to making art available, accessible and affordable to EVERYONE! Their programs for people with special needs have had a tremendous impact on many people, but most especially people with physical and intellectual disabilities. The classes are a form of therapy, they improve self-esteem, they teach new skills, help improve dexterity and fine motor skills, and offer so many other "soft benefits" related to new environments, new concepts and new friends.
The Western Colorado Center for the Arts is a wonderful asset to our community, with exceptional outreach to involve not just an elite few, but the entire community. They are also very promotional, for example they exhibit at many community events such as festivals promoting hands on art projects for children at the events.
An investment in The Western Colorado Center for the Arts will have great returns for the citizens of Grand Junction and the surrounding area."
- Jeff Nichols, CEO, STRIVE (Formerly Mesa Developmental Services)