Established in 2013 as a center for secular groups in the Denver Metro Area, the Secular Hub has since evolved into the largest, volunteer-run secular organization in Colorado. It is a friendly place where non-believers find camaraderie, learn, and give back to the community. Secular Hub members organize educational events, social activities, and volunteer opportunities.
Hub activities embody our values of community, altruism, reason, and education, including:
* Bringing in high-profile speakers such as Seth Andrews, Dan Barker, and Aron Ra
* Hosting local experts on topics such as evolutionary biology and Denver history
* Weekly Coffee and Community and monthly Pancake Breakfasts
* Hikes to places like Dinosaur Ridge and hosting get-togethers such as our annual picnic
* Weekly movie nights, monthly game nights, comedy nights, and music nights
* Community service such as street cleaning and food/clothing drives
* Support for the group Atheists Helping the Homeless by providing donation receptacles and helping with distribution
* Staffing outreach booths at community festivals and events
* Hosting Secular Scouts to provide a secular youth development program for our youngest members
The Hub also continues to build and unite the community of secular organizations across the front range through joint programming with partner groups and providing use of its space to them for events and meetings.
The Hub is governed by an elected board of seven members. Each board member is elected for a two-year term and can serve multiple terms if elected. The Hub is 100% volunteer run and various committees help plan and execute events, outreach, and service.