There is just something so magical about trains! Whether you are a "railroad enthusiast" or a family on an outing or vacation in Colorado, the Moffat Road Railroad Museum, located in the heart of Granby, is as much fun as it is educational for the whole family!
What Discoveries Await at Our Museum:
- Currently featuring Colorado’s largest permanent Christmas train display! The 1,100 sq. ft. O-scale model railroad layout includes 6 running trains at once, tunnels, water, bridges, auto roadway, and a huge ski mountain with 2 chairlifts.
- The Interpretive Center includes 9 different pieces of railroad equipment in various stages of restoration.
- The Visitor Center has artifacts to take you back to the old Moffat Road railroad times, plus the Gift Shop has handcrafted local artisan items and kids’ toys available.
- Come see the progress of the HO-scale Moffat railroad model train layout being built in the Exhibit Hall! It will be a replica starting from the east portal of the Moffat Tunnel all the way to Craig, CO.
- Numerous special events throughout the year to delight families! See the Facebook gallery below from our Santa & Reindeer holiday event.
Future Restoration & Development Plans:
- A magnificent, completely renovated 1905 Passenger Coach. We estimate the project to take a full year.
- Family train ride around the museum to hopefully open in the Summer of 2023!
- The acquisition of the Depot currently in Dumont, CO. Help us move and restore the 120-year-old train depot that will become our Community Event Center at our Museum. Funding from CO Gives Day will help us to acquire the Depot!
- Plus more projects and acquisitions as we are able to raise funding for them over the next few years.
Help us continue to put our train museum on the world’s map as an extraordinary railroad museum to visit!
Can you help financially with a donation this year? Any amount would be greatly appreciated.