• Because of donors like you, we are ready to take on the future of type 1 diabetes (T1D). Here are some of the things you make possible:
* Cures. Yes, that's plural. JDRF is funding many different avenues to a world without T1D. From immunotherapy to beta cell therapies, thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we have momentum and we are not letting up even for a minute on our pursuit of cures for T1D.
* Advocacy. The Special Diabetes Program (SDP) is set to expire September 2019 and we are doing everything we can to ensure that it is renewed so the research it makes possible can continue.
* Community. The first few years of T1D are incredibly difficult and it's often the time when families meet the JDRF community. From that day on, we want to support those living with T1D at every stage of their lives. We will continue to connect and provide the best possible support for every person with T1D.
* These are just a few of the many, many things your support makes possible! We are so thankful for you!
• JDRF just published an update on the incredible advances that have come out in 2019 - you'll see a lot of cross over into immunotherapy (which has wide-ranging effects on other autoimmune diseases), and cancer research as well.