JJ's Helping Paws is an all-volunteer, charitable non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our core programs include Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Vouchers & Free Spay/Neuter Clinics; Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return (TNR); Uber Kitty Foster Program and the Feral Food Pantry. Our programs are designed to work together for maximum success. Every day, our programs improve the lives of at-risk cats and dogs who would otherwise suffer from overpopulation, neglect, starvation, or a lack of medical care.
- Words cannot express our appreciation to Liz and the entire JJ's team of volunteers for your selfless efforts and the incredible gift you've provided via an adoption partner. Through research we've learned you are to thank for our girls Rori and Margo. They are both happy, healthy and thriving in their forever home. It is easy to recognize the love and care they received during their time with you. We feel so very blessed to have these two in our lives.
- My daughter and I have been privileged over the past few years to have worked with JJ's Helping Paws. JJ's voucher program allowed us to adopt and neuter two irresistible feral kittens, both of whom are now beautiful house cats and important additions to our family. With TNR (trap, neuter and return) and continued support, we have also been able to neuter an entire colony as well as a small cat group in another area. Also through JJ's, a number of these animals were adopted into excellent situations. The remaining members of the colony are now our backyard residents--a formidable and valued fortress against field mice.
- We feel a sense of pride in working with the volunteers at JJ's Helping Paws. In our experience, they reflect a tireless dedication, compassionate knowledge and a deep sense of commitment. We're looking forward to being able to continue offering our energies in whatever way possible.
Apryll and Chloe Kristy
- I find putting into words the great work you do for your furry friends difficult. You have given my husband and me a gift of purr love. You saved a very sick snowshoe lynx Siamese kitty whom you named April. Well, her name is now Sweet Maeme Pearl and she rules our household. As for us, she seems to always be in someone's lap, purring. She greets guests when they come to the house and jumps in the nearest lap. She is just so sweet and loving. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you all and send my thanks. Lovingly, Cinda
- I have a group of barn/feral cats that needed to be spayed/neutered. Through JJ's Helping Paws' trap, neuter, and return program, I was able to have nearly all of my group spayed/neutered. JJ's was even able to re-home several of the barn cats that could be handled. I also found a litter of three abandoned kittens that I chose to keep. Through JJ's Helping Paws' programs, I was able to spay/neuter 28 barn cats, find homes for 10 barn cats, and save, spay/neuter three kittens!
Patricia Adam, Penrose, CO
- My neighbor passed away and one of his relatives ran all of his house cats outside. With JJ's help, I was able to trap all of them and through their low cost spay/neuter program, got all of them fixed. Without JJ's help, I would have struggled to pay for the spay/neuter procedures at one time. I found homes for the kittens and made the adults part of my family. I never forgot JJ's Helping Paw so after I retired, I became a JJ's volunteer. I work with the voucher program and have heard similar stories over and over -- people on fixed incomes reaching out to help a stray cat or a litter of kittens. Most people want to help, but just can't afford the cost of vaccinations or spay/neuter. Thanks to JJ's, they have a place to go for help.
Cindy Pottenger, Canon City, CO
- I was new to Fremont County when I learned of JJ's Helping Paws. Their small team of volunteers works tirelessly at all hours of the day and night to rescue, spay/neuter and find homes for cats and kittens who would otherwise have a dismal future. I not only donated more than I originally planned to donate, I also became a volunteer in 2017. I am proud to work alongside so many dedicated and compassionate people who make a real difference in the lives of cats and dogs every single day!