We ensure that everyone in our community has what they need to thrive and be healthy. We do that by working in partnership to advocate for and support the health of our community. We are a nonprofit health alliance focused on health equity. We are healthier together!
From program participants:
“I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the help with getting me set up with insurance. it's taken a huge weight off my shoulders. Once again, I really want to thank you. I am being able to save so much more money, and things are starting to get easier.” – Health Coverage Guide Client.
“The Grand County Rural Health Network staff are angels. I wouldn’t have made it without their help.” – Nurse Navigator Client.
“Thank you for the support I received from my Care Coordinator when I got out of rehab. I had no idea how I would be able to stay in Grand County and where to seek support to stay sober. I appreciate the work she did to get me safe; she listened to my needs.” – Care Coordinator Client.
“Thank you for always being there for me. Rural Health (Network) has made getting to and from my appointments so much easier. It is one less thing for me to worry about.” - Care Coordinator Client.
“Thank you very, very much for your efforts; this (wheelchair seat cover) was so important to my wife!” – Supportive Services Voucher Client.
About the Grand County Rural Health Network:
We know that health is more than healthcare: mental health, health insurance, housing, and employment are just some of the issues that affect our health, and now, more than ever, we have been there to help. As a nonprofit community health alliance focused on health equity, we provide four lines of service: advocacy, collective impact, community organizing, and direct services.
Direct Services: We help people get the care they need in the existing system.
- ACHES & PAINS Voucher Program
- Health Coverage Guide Program
- Patient Navigation Program: Care Coordinators, Nurse Navigator, Promotora de Salud, Recovery Coordinator
- Emergency Response (e.g. COVID-19, East Troublesome Fire, etc.)
Community Organizing: We help create movement around issues that matter to our neighbors. We connect people to opportunities to advocate for change.
- Community Leader Group
- Leadership development
- Connecting impacted community members to the decision-making table
- Community Awareness Events
Collective Impact: We bring partners together to define a problem, create a shared vision, and work to solve it.
- Health and Human Resources Coalition
- Behavior Wellness Community-wide Strategic Plan
- Navigator Team Meetings
- Behavioral Health Navigator Advisory Committee
- Online resource: HealthyGrandCounty.org
- Peak Health Alliance
- School-Based Health Centers planning & education.
- Business & Resource Hub, Centralized Location.
Advocacy: We are a change agent. We speak for or against a cause, policy, or interest. This can be for an individual or community. We advocate for:
- Individual clients
- Impacted community members.
- Grand & Jackson Counties
- Rural Community
- Issues that impact health
- Committees to influence policy.