CRISIS CENTER MISSION STATEMENT:
The Crisis Center exists to end domestic violence through advocacy, education, and prevention;
while helping communities live free of violence.
The Crisis Center provides direct service programs to adults and children impacted by domestic violence. All services offered by the Crisis Center are free, confidential and meet best practices of trauma informed care.
Emergency Shelter: Our emergency shelter provides safety for those in imminent danger. We provide daily essentials, case management, therapy, safety planning, referrals to community resources and other vital resources to help enhance safety and well-being.
- Therapy: Individual and group therapy services are provided for adults and children by Masters-level clinicians. Various modalities are used to help clients gain an understanding of how the violence has impacted them and heal from their trauma.
- Legal Advocacy: Legal Advocates support clients through the civil and criminal processes by providing information and assistance about protection orders, child custody issues, and legal separation, and more.
- Community-Based Advocacy: Community-based advocacy helps victims protect themselves and their children from further violence by setting goals and utilizing the community resources that a victim reports needing.
- Outreach, Education, & Prevention: Outreach programs include expert testimony, case consultation, technical trainings for individuals working in the criminal justice system and educational workshops for the broader community.
Crisis Center Impact:
Annually, we provide direct services to nearly 400 adults and children impacted by domestic violence, approximately 30% of which utilized more than one service.
Outcomes from both our emergency shelter and non-residential programs are positive, with an average overall satisfaction of 94%. Specifically, clients stated the following:
- 90% gained knowledge about community resources
- 100% know more ways to plan for their safety
- 90% are more hopeful about their future
- 100% are more self-sufficient than before engaging in services
- 93% understand the violence was not their fault
- 87% stated their overall emotional health and well-being have improved
Crisis Center Client Testimonials:
"No one really talks about or acknowledges domestic violence in upper socio-economic demographics, but the impact is just as real and, in some ways, even harder to overcome. The Crisis Center and its supporters helped me tremendously, but more importantly my son has improved as a result of the resources at the Crisis Center. It is one of the few places my challenges have been understood and supported because domestic violence usually only ends once someone dies."
“The Crisis Center has been my safe haven. I feel valued and understood. I got support here at a time I was not getting it anywhere. It has helped me tremendously.”
“I was so afraid and alone. The Crisis Center saved my life. I don’t have words to express how valuable of an agency this is. It has helped me find freedom, safety and peace for me and my daughters!”
“I thought the Crisis Center would only help my son with his trauma from domestic violence. I was so happy that I was also offered therapy as a single dad!"