Help youth make healthy decisions, set goals, graduate, and achieve their dreams! Your tax-deductible donation supports our critical work for youth sexual health. Be a champion for youth and invest in healthy and informed young people!
"Colorado Youth Matter has been a state leader in youth sexual health and teen pregnancy/HIV prevention programs that are evidence-based, culturally sensitive and meet state laws and guidelines for sex education in schools. Colorado Youth Matter's approach to working with local communities and schools promotes the use of best practices, respects community values and leverages existing relationships to foster local support systems and avoid duplication of services. Their work creating linkages between education and clinical services as well as youth development resources remains an invaluable mechanism of support for schools and community-based organizations across Colorado." - Colorado Education Initiative
"[Colorado Youth Matter's] statewide perspective makes them unique. Other entities are more locally focused. They do a really good job at representing the diversity of the coalition partners." - Community Stakeholder
"Colorado Youth Matter has demonstrated continued success in promoting a strong infrastructure statewide to improve the sexual health of youth and the well-being of parenting teens across Colorado. Their dynamic training, strategic advocacy efforts and provision of technical assistance to the organizations delivering comprehensive, evidence-based programming has made a significant positive impact on our policy environment and the school experience for Colorado youth." - Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
"CYM has knows what's happening at the national level and they disseminate that information well. They also have a niche for training the trainers, based on a youth-adult partnership model. They're always up to date on curriculum and new models of training. The actual delivery of concepts to trainers is where they shine."
- Community Stakeholder
"Thank you for warm ups and structure. You navigate group dynamics well and are knowledgeable in your field. I liked the teach back and how I was prepared to do it by the time it came to me presenting. Good for us to go through the awkwardness ourselves before facilitating."
What was your favorite part of Youth Action Day 2015? Youth participants respond:
- [Learning] that my voice towards my rights matter; not to not be afraid to talk the representatives and legislators.
- It was amazing walking to the capital and seeing things in action
- I always love meeting new people and expressing all of our opinions with the framework of Youth Action Day.
- Something new I will do because of Youth Action Day is to let other youth know that their voice deserves to be heard.
- [Because of Youth Action Day], I'm joining senate at my school and it made me want to consider being a senator or representative when I grow up.
- I will definitely attend next year's Youth Action Day.