CFO is the state's premier organization devoted to the study, conservation and enjoyment of Colorado's birds. We provide important resources that serve Colorado's birding community as well as visitors from out of state. Here are some of CFO's benefits to the birds and birders of Colorado:
* Colorado Birds, our flagship quarterly journal.
* Colorado Bird Records Committee (CBRC).
* The CFO Annual Convention. Our next convention will be held in Lamar in early May, 2024.
* CFO youth grants and scholarships including the Joe Roller Memorial Scholarship.
* CFO conservation efforts, including the Colorado Birding Challenge (COBC). This year the COBC raised $23,241 for conservation of the vulnerable Pinyon Jay.
* CFO speaker series, webinars, and workshops.
* COBirds Google group and the CFO Facebook Group.
We are funded through annual memberships, convention revenue, special events and generous gifts from people like you. Your contribution supports the production of Colorado Birds, funds grants for special projects and field research, provides scholarships and enables important conservation projects. Thank you for your support!
Photo credits: Sondra Bland, Peter Burke, Jim Merritt, Don Marsh, and Scott Somershoe.