The Colorado Environmental Film Festival has been a growing part of Colorado's cultural community since 2006, when the choice was made to base the state's first and only home-grown, international, environmental film festival in Golden. Since its founding by a dedicated core group of environmental educators, environmental filmmakers and supporters, CEFF has entertained and enlightened thousands of festival goers with hundreds of thought-provoking environmental films hailing from all over the world. While the variety and relevance of environmental issues featured in the festival changes each year, the importance of educating and inspiring attendees through film to engage in preserving and protecting their environment is always the cornerstone of the Colorado Environmental Film Festival.
Historical milestones include:
• 2006 - 1st Colorado Environmental Film Festival
• 2007 - Addition of the Community Eco-Expo Event (showcasing eco-forward organizations) to the Festival
• 2010 - Addition of the Annual Environmental Photography Exhibition into the Festival
• 2014 - Hiring of a part-time Festival Director
• 2015 - First Free Friday Films Program during the Festival to build and engage local audiences
• 2015 - First CEFF 4 Kids free school program hosted during the Festival
• 2018 - Hosted first Free Community Night on Opening Night to honor and engage local partners, leaders and businesses
• 2019 - Screened the 500th film during the Festival
• 2019 - Became a SCFD eligible and funded organization for the first time
• 2020 - Added a 4th day to feature award winning films a second time for local audiences
• 2021 & 2022 - Successfully premiered an interactive 100% virtual film festival engaging with audiences around the world!