Your gift helps CCC to maintain an all-inclusive arts center that offers affordable, quality ceramic programs to our community. CCC supports the community by offering clay education for adults & kids, outreach programs, clay studio rentals, artist residency programs, and ceramic gallery & retail spaces.
Visit our website & Learn More
- "Art, creativity, and community are three things that make life worth living, in my opinion, and the Carbondale Clay Center fosters all three. Because of this organization, I've found a new creative outlet, a new group of people with whom I feel I belong, and a new appreciation for clay as an art medium."
- "For me, the CCC has been a wonderful place to spend time, learn, have fun, and play. Being an educator, I value lifelong learning. During my hours at the clay center, I was always surrounded by very educated staff and community members and was able to ask and learn endless information about techniques of working with clay, glazing, chemistry associated with ceramics, thoughtful critiques of my work, and creative works in general. CCC will always be a special place for me. I highly encourage anyone to stop by, volunteer, take a class, or do something to get to know the incredible people that make this place so special!"
- "Our son truly enjoyed his time at clay camp! He can be very shy and has a hard time trying new things, but his teacher was very patient, and encouraging. On top of being shy, he can also be very hard on himself and judge his work, that did not happen at all in this class!! He felt so much success and was so proud of his work that he wouldn't let me take it out of the bag to put on the shelf because we might break it! Thank you, Carbondale Clay Center, for creating a safe creative space for our child!"
- "I first came to the Carbondale Clay Center a month after its inception, almost 22 years ago. I served on the board of directors, took classes, and have been teaching ever since! This place has gone through so much growth over the years. It has been amazing to watch the transformations and improvements! CCC has a wonderful residency program and a real variety of class offerings: beginning to advanced. It is an incredibly welcoming community for everyone. A home away from home!"
- "The Clay Carbondale Clay Center isn't just great because it's welcoming. It consistently offers top-notch art exhibits, exciting special events, and some of the best ceramics classes in the area- at an affordable price, no less. Living near the Clay Center has opened a whole new world to me as an art lover. Being able to see the great possibilities of clay through exhibits, then being able to see a community build around clay through special events, and then being able to create my own ceramic pieces through fun, challenging classes has truly changed my life. It has even crossed my mind to go back to school for a ceramics degree, which wouldn't even be on my radar if it weren't for the Carbondale Clay Center. And I'm just one person who's walked through its doors in the past 20 years of its existence. I'm just one example of the impact is has".