La Plata County Humane Society (LPCHS) 22-year-old kennels are in desperate need of repairs and upgrades. The kennels have served the dogs well, but have seen great deal of wear and tear over the years.
Housing impacts animals 24 hours a day and affects everything from stress level and disease risk to food intake and sleep quality.
Modernization of the kennel will help:
- Reduce stress
- Provide comfort, so the dogs can then display more normal behavior
- Provide better disease control
- Provide better air quality
- Aid in more speedy adoptions
- Improve the adoption experience for both the animal and the adopter
Remodeling and modernizing the kennels will have a tremendous impact on the animals quality of life while in our care.
So please, help us, help them, by donating to help raise the necessary funds to kick start the kennels!