The Arts Hub (HUB) is committed to growing a strong arts community by connecting and providing opportunities for diverse populations through a wide-range of engaging arts services.
The HUB will accomplish this mission by:
1. Ensuring that under-served populations are provided opportunities to participate in programs and incubating cross-cultural understanding and communication exchange
2. Growing individual's awareness, participation, appreciation and enjoyment of the arts
3. Building a strong, thriving and spirited arts community
The Art Underground (TAU) was created when there was a strong demonstrated interest in family arts opportunities in East Boulder County. Historic Downtown Louisville was selected as the location for the start of the nonprofit, because of its sense of community, the unique combination of shops and restaurants, and its proximity to the library and other downtown amenities. Due to the programs' popularity and the need for dedicated theater space. TAU began to search for a new home for the organization in 2012.
In March 2015, TAU purchased a 1.4 acre property located in Lafayette on which to build a new arts facility. Construction started in September 2015 with the new facility, the Arts Hub, opening in August 2016. Since the move to the new facility, the organization had developed a strong number of repeat facility rental clients, had grown a strong scholarship client base, as well as developed more unique programming, i.e. an aerial dance program, paint-your-own pottery program, music offerings, etc, as well as housed two dance companies for rehearsals and performances.
1. The mother of one scholarship family paid the biggest compliment to the Arts Hub by requesting that the E.D. right a letter of support and, if possible, attend/speak on her behalf, at a citizenship hearing. The E.D. felt honored that she felt comfortable enough to make the request.
2. One scholarship family reached out for help in finding activities for her three young kids to do while being quarantined in their small trailer. She relayed information about the extreme difficulties she and others in her neighborhood were having during the Covid-19 shutdown. Again, this was a sign of degree of comfort in reaching out for help.
3. The Arts Hub's beloved, 85 year old tap teacher (having taught at the Hub for 12 yrs), reached out for help with adapting classes to the stay-at-home situation for Covid-19. He was very anxious to get back to teaching his students, who had been with him for many years. In response to his somewhat desperate inquiry, the Arts Hub has assisted with getting his classes set up on Zoom. He has reported being enormously grateful for our help.
3. Thank-you so much for such a professional, outstanding production of Grease and for creating such positive, wonderful memories for my daughter. This experience has contributed to her increased self-esteem and sense of community. She has formed great friendships with cast members, exposing her to kids she normally would not have had the opportunity to meet. Thank-you again for all your time, effort and great care and support of all the children. It has always been a positive, uplifting experience for my family and daughter to be involved in Art underground productions.
I am Jack's mom and I just wanted to say thank you so much. Jack was so thrilled about the camp and the play, start to finish, and it was just such a great experience for him that I know he will remember it for his whole life! Thanks for believing in Jack and giving him a chance to shine...right along with so many others. What an amazing job you all do. He has been a little sad since the performances ended and missing everyone but he is so thankful to have his dust speck to remember it by. He's been pampering it LOL.
Each experience he has had with you all has been overwhelmingly positive. Through your programs, I have watched Jack learning teamwork, self-discipline, responsibility, friendship building, confidence building and also having great fun! I just want to say that you are doing more than just providing great entertainment. You are fueling our kids' dreams and giving them the confidence to go after them. Bless you!
5. You're website is fantastic. Very easy to work with. See you in September. We're very happy we can stay in our own city for dance. :)
6. A mother reported overhearing her preschool child say to another child, "Miss Harmony and Miss Kelly have the best art camps in the world!"