Founded upon the Judeo-Christian commitment of ministry to those in need, LiftUp of Routt County provides charitable assistance to meet basic human needs while promoting personal growth and self-sufficiency. Our philosophy is to serve our clients in a nonjudgmental atmosphere and to demonstrate compassionate care, respecting the dignity of every person.
Lift-Up of Routt County is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in May 1996 by the Steamboat Springs Ministerial Association and several local church communities to provide charitable assistance for people in need.
• The Food Bank and Emergency Assistance programs opened to the public in May 1996.
• The LiftUp Community Thrift Store opened its doors in October 1997.
• The South Routt Food Bank in Oak Creek opened in October 2000.
• The Hayden Food Bank opened in May 2001.
• The Lufkin LiftUp Center, housing all Steamboat Springs programs and offices, was dedicated Jan. 10, 2007.