Mission: To cultivate and mobilize community resources to change and save lives.
Vision: We lead the community to meet the needs of those in need.
Since 1958, United Way has served as the local philanthropic leader for health and human services in Fort Collins, Loveland, Berthoud, Estes Park, and the surrounding communities in Larimer County.
United Way of Larimer County focuses on 4 key impact areas:
1. Youth & Education: We believe investing in youth is not only the right thing to do, but it is also the best way to ensure a strong economy and community. Our programs and partnerships in this area focus on kindergarten readiness, reading at grade level by the end of third grade and high school completion.
2. Financial Stability: We believe in supporting initiatives that decrease the need for future social services. We support programs and partnerships that focus on a pathway from poverty to self-sufficiency as well as disaster response and recovery.
3. Community Engagement: We believe strong communities are characterized by a high level of civic participation. Our programs and partnerships focus on increasing volunteerism, collaboration across sectors, creating a pipeline of civic leaders and business engagement with the community.
4. Nonprofit Excellence: We believe the nonprofit sector plays a vital role in creating and maintaining a resilient community and that donors' dollars should be used to fund effective and efficient programs that show results. Our programs and partnerships coordinate with more than 70 local nonprofits, funding collective impact activities, evaluation of outcomes and data-based reports for donors.
"United Way is on the cutting edge of community innovation, creating new ways for local nonprofits and other partners to work together collectively to solve critical issues efficiently and effectively. We could not be more pleased to be part of this creative and ground-breaking work, and are honored to be a United Way partner."
- Lise M. Youngblade, PhD, Professor and Department Head, Human Development and Family Studies, Colorado State University
"United Way is an entity that has a lot of credibility and a strong reputation in our community. They are the only agency that can bring all of these stakeholders together under one roof to make a collective impact on poverty."
- David Routt, Executive Director, Homeward Alliance
"We have been regular donors to United Way for many decades because of the effective and responsible way that United Way mobilizes community resources to address community needs and to improve lives. We know that United Way makes Larimer County a better place for all of us and gladly support it."
- Bill and Ruth Brown