Children Only (5 - 14 years)
Steele Elementary has proudly been educating Denver youth for over 100 years. The Steele community is celebrating this accomplishment in 2018/19 school year with the 6th Annual Stallion Fund fundraising initiative. The fund focuses on individual giving driven by Steele parents and the local community. The goal is for the Stallion Fund to be an annual effort, to support key educational needs as determined by the Principal and the Steele's Collaborative Committee (CSC), including but not limited to second educators and resource teachers, technology programs, experiential learning opportunities that ensure both Steele students and educators continue to thrive.
1. With Second Educators in Steele's classroom year after year Steele a great place to learn:
- Double the contact time students have with an instructor for math and reading
- An extra adult to engage with helps ensure no student "slips through the cracks"
- Research says the magic teacher-to-student ratio is 17:1; at Steele it's 15:1 or smaller
- Two heads are better than one; second educators push our teachers to be their very best
- Individualized instruction plus increased student contact time equals uninterrupted learning for students
2. Expanded technology means Promethium Boards and iPads in more classrooms and that means more exposure for Steele Students
3. More resource positions filled means more support for our students and our teachers which helps the Steele community thrive