Children and Youth (infants - 19 years.)
Our mission is that every child realizes their full potential through a rigorous and loving elementary education.
We know potential is everywhere, but opportunity is not. We believe all children deserve access to a great public education. Our commitment to equity and academic rigor means that we help every student achieve. Our culture of love and inclusion means that we welcome, support and challenge everyone with kindness and respect.
Our goals for student achievement are ambitious, and they drive every decision we make.
With the release of last school year's Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) data, we are eager to celebrate areas of success and to dig in on areas where we know we need to grow.
1. Consistently strong math performance:
- Creekside has the highest math proficiency of all Title I elementary schools in Denver Public Schools for 5 years in a row
- Fletcher has the highest math proficiency of all charters and the 3rd highest math proficiency of all schools in APS.
2. Successful school turnaround:
- Berkeley, founded to turnaround a failing public school, moved from "red" - the lowest rating on DPS'' School Performance Framework - to green, the second highest in just one year.
- Fletcher, also founded as a turnaround, increased overall CMAS Math proficiency from 0% to 46.7%.
We know there is still significant work to be done - particularly to accelerate proficiency in English Language Arts (ELA). We are making deep shifts and investments in our ELA program, with the goal of significantly improving student growth and outcomes moving into school year 2020-21.