Ovation West Performing Arts is the umbrella name adopted by the Evergreen Chorale to encompass all our activities in 2018. The mission remains that of the Evergreen Chorale - to teach, create, and perform outstanding music and musical theatre and to provide an high quality performing arts venue. In 2017, the board of directors recognized that the growth of the activities the EC produces called for the creation of an organizational umbrella. In July 2018 we began operating as Ovation West Performing Arts.
In 2016 the board developed a ten year strategic plan for the organization and as part of that effort created an updated statement of the EC's goals and purpose.
The goals of Ovation West Performing Arts are:
• to present to citizens of Evergreen and the greater Denver area choral music and musical theater of high quality and general
interest at reasonable cost;
• to maintain and continuously improve its historic Center Stage facility as a community resource for artistic and cultural
presentations by the Chorale and other community arts and philanthropic organizations;
• to continue its long tradition of strong support and leadership to the Evergreen area arts community;
• to support and nurture appreciation for and education in music and the other performing arts for citizens of Evergreen and
the surrounding communities;
• to offer its members the opportunity to participate in challenging, supportive, and rewarding musical experiences in a
friendly and sociable environment; and
• to be recognized as one of the preeminent large choral singing groups in the Denver area and the Rocky Mountain west.
Ovation West Performing Arts intends to become one of the premier community choral groups and performing arts organizations in the Rocky Mountain region by:
• providing performance and educational opportunities in choral music and musical theater for diverse performers of all ages
from the greater Denver and mountain communities;
• serving the community by making the performing arts available and affordable to all sectors of the population;
• enriching and transforming lives through diverse and high quality performing arts and opportunities to come together
• expanding our reach through collaboration with other performing arts groups; and
• giving back through outreach, performance, and other activities to lift spirits and connection.
Ovation West Performing Arts is a vibrant performing arts organization and community partner that includes a multi-generational community choir (Evergreen Chorale), award-winning musical theatre productions (Ovation West Musical Theatre), a performing arts/community center (Center Stage), a chamber choir (Altezza), music education for youth (Summer Music Camp), and a concert series (Shining Stars). We are dedicated to providing excellence in choral and musical theater performances as well as performance training for singers and actors of all ages.
We aim to reach a wider demographic by staging performances in venues outside of Evergreen, performing regularly at locations in Golden and Denver as well as at Center Stage.
We seek to impact our community through the arts but also go beyond our own musical endeavors to partner with other charitable organizations. In addition, Ovation West works to promote the arts as an economic force in our community as an active member of the Evergreen Chamber of Commerce, the Colorado Theatre Guild, and other networking organizations.
Ovation West continually strives for excellence and professionalism in all aspects of our programming, and consistently attracts directors, singers, actors and patrons from the mountain community and throughout the greater Denver area.
Ovation West is also the owner of a performing arts venue. In 1990, EC purchased the historic building now known as Center Stage and in 2009 purchased the land under the building. To date, we have invested over $1.3 million in the acquisition and upgrades to the property, transforming it from a rustic summer pavilion into a charming community resource with comfortable seating for 160 patrons and an expanded lobby/art gallery which was constructed with assistance from the Rotary Club of Evergreen. This space allows theater patrons to gather comfortably before shows and during intermission, and to enjoy the artwork of local artists which is on display through our partnership with the Center for the Arts Evergreen. The Evergreen Players, Evergreen Children's Chorale, Mountain Youth Musicals, Evergreen School of Ballet, Evergreen School of Music, Notably Musice and we open the theater and lobby as a meeting place for community organizations.