The mission of the Northglenn Arts and Humanities Foundation is to nurture and maintain the cultural arts and sciences for the benefit of our community. We will accomplish this through the development and support of successful collaborations between arts, businesses, service groups, schools, and artists for optimum utilization of artistic resources.
Vision Statement: We strive to provide access for all citizens to the performing and visual arts and sciences, to promote an awareness of the arts and sciences, and to enhance our community image through the development of a cultural climate. In partnership with the City of Northglenn, we sponsor affordable, quality arts and science programs and performances at the D.L. Parsons Theatre and in City parks and schools.
The NAHF was formed in 1990 as a fund-raising mechanism to increase cultural arts programming in Northglenn and has since become one of the most effective north metro cultural non-profits. In partnership with the City of Northglenn, we collectively offer a broad range of dynamic arts and culture programming to the greater north metro area primarily at the D.L. Parsons Theatre, Northglenn Recreation Center, and E.B. Rains Jr. Memorial Park. Our success comes through the development and support of collaborations with the City of Northglenn and arts organizations, businesses, service groups, and schools. By sharing resources, we are able to present new ideas while maintaining the outstanding programs that the citizens of Adams County have come to expect.
* I seriously would not be here without NYT. It taught me so much about myself and life - not just that I love theater, but who I am. NYT has made me the person I am today and I'm going to the college of my dreams. - Ali Bongiardina (past participant)
* Northglenn Youth Theatre is full of amazing people doing amazing things and all the while teaching kids to be more than they thought possible. - Donna Cole (parent of 2 NYT participants)
* I can't express the magnitude of the impact that NYT has held within my life, and I can confidently say that it shed some golden light on all of my childhood years. The experiences were magical, the friendships meaningful, and the lessons invaluable. Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I was to be part of that special pocket in this community. - Hannah Wold (past participant)
* NYT is a phenomenal place for our youth to showcase their talents! Kimberly is a great director who not only cares about giving a great performance but is tough, caring, loving and supportive of each young person involved! Thank you to each and every person at NYT for all you do! - Robin Gillespie Cassio (parent)
* An absolutely incredible youth theatre program due to the professionalism and enthusiasm of the high caliber staff which fuels a fun-filled performance and learning experience for all. - Lauren Lewakowski (past participant)
* We have frequently said how blessed we are to have stumbled upon NYT and the high standards set there...made the whole theater experience so great! - Lisa Wood (parent of 2 NYT past participants)