Search for a Nonprofit or Fundraising Page
THE MCKEE MEDICAL CENTER FOUNDATION IS A 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION THAT DEVELOPS AND GENERATES ONGOING PHILANTHROPIC SUPPORT FOR THE CONTINUING GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF MCKEE MEDICAL CENTER, ITS PROGRAMS, AND THE COMMUNITIES IT SERVES. THE FOUNDATION IS COMPRISED OF CONCERNED LOCAL CITIZENS COMMITTED TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE FOR THE MCKEE MEDICAL CENTER COMMUNITIES, AND TO THAT END, PROVIDES FUNDS AND SUPPORT FOR CAPITAL AND PROGRAM NEEDS. FOUNDED IN 1981, THE FOUNDATION HAS RAISED AND DISTRIBUTED NEARLY 21 MILLION DOLLARS TO A VARIETY OF CAPITAL PROJECTS AND ONGOING PROGRAMS. TENS OF THOUSANDS OF CLIENTS HAVE BEEN SERVED THROUGH THE PROGRAMS OF THE FOUNDATION, THE MAJORITY OF INDIVIDUALS QUALIFY AS MEDICALLY UNDERSERVED. PLEASE REFER TO OUR WEBSITE WWW.MCKEEFOUNDATION.COM FOR A DESCRIPTION OF EACH OF THE MANY PROGRAMS.
- Charitable gifts reduce patient care costs - Loveland Community Health Care patient assistance funds, Stepping Stones Adult Day Care, KidSelf Pediatric Rehabilitation, Heart Safe City.
- It takes only one charitable dollar to match the buying power of $20 operational revenue
- Purchase state of the art equipment that improve patient experience, outcomes and comfort - Cancer Center, Breast Center, Stand Aids, Wound Care, Emergency Department
o Making the case for improving patient experience
o A patient experience can dramatically affect a patient's overall well being. There have even been research studies that show a connection between patient experience and clinical outcomes.
o If that's not enough motivation, there are economic reasons for focusing on patient experience. An increasing number of patients are rating their experience with medical caregivers at health plan sites and third-party sites. As this data grows and gets more exposure, the medical profession-healthcare professionals and institutions-will be judged by the experiences our patients receive.
- Expand physician services and specialties- Cancer Center, Emergency Department
- Provide more training and educational opportunities that keep McKee at the forefront - Simulation Center (only one in the Western Region), support McKee's scholarship program annually, community seminars for donors, physicians (CMEs) and community members
- Build healthier communities - Healthy Beginnings, Loveland Community Health Center, McKee Cares, Child Care Center, Stepping Stones Adult Day Program, Heart Safe City.
- Meet the needs of donors - Sunshine Cart, Lifeline, Breast Center, Wellness Walk, Labyrinth, Wellness Center,
- Health care is the 3rd most compelling cause to which donors give (behind religion and education)
Goals for the coming year:
1. Launch campaign for Heart Safe City in the City of Loveland.
2. Grow our fundraising and friend raising special events, donor numbers, new prospects, outbound proposals and revenue by 3% in 2011.
3. Increase our irrevocable planned gifts by $1 million.
1. Initiatve to provide lifesaving medical equipment in the community (Heart Safe City)
2. Cancer Center capital needs (McKee Cancer Center)
3. Patient assistance programs (Lifeline, Prescription Assistance, Patient Assistance, Sunshine Funds)
4. McKee Cares Fund: an employee assistance fund
5. Patient transportation vehicles
Executive Director Statement
Executive Director Statement:
"We exist to make a difference in people's lives through excellent patient care."
We work with individuals, families, business and foundations to create charitable gifts that match donor needs and the needs of the Loveland area community to obtain "extra-ordinary" healthcare programs and services for McKee Medical Center and its affiliates.
This is done through annual requests, special events, grants, memorials, planned and major gifts. Since the Foundation's inception, we have given over $21 million dollars averaging $750,000 annually back to McKee Medical Center. We accept gifts of cash, stock, bonds, real property, bequests and estate gifts.
Staff and board committee structures reach out to the northern Colorado community, business and professional groups, state and national foundations,corporations, and faith based organizations. Our donor prospect data base has increased by 175% in the last 5 years.
We manage carefully and are thoughtful stewards:
The Foundation Board's Executive Committee and its Finance and Investment Committee, and the Audit Committee, in concert with our trustee Home State Bank, meet our obligations to be good stewards and to manage the investments prudently according to our approved investment policy. Our audits and Form 990 are made public annually online via GuideStar.
Board Chair/President Statement
Board Chair Statement: Board Chair Statement:
The McKee Medical Center Foundation is one of the most productive and successful foundations in northern Colorado. We have been a leader in building support for our community hospital for over thirty years. This foundation, along with its board of directors and staff, have been very successful in bringing the donor's wishes to fruition to support excellent patient care in Loveland. This foundation is celebrating its 31st anniversary this year. Looking back, we are proud that we have been successful in all of our campaigns for equipment, programs and capital needs; we have raised over $22 million dollars for patient care over the years. We have several board members who have been with us for many of those years as very productive board members. It is a distinct honor to work with this group of volunteers and staff as well as our past presidents and board members. Now, we look forward to our participation in Colorado Gives Day; this board believes all Coloradoans need to support our non- profit organizations to build a better Colorado. Everyone's gifts raise the tide for all of us!