The mission of Inside the Orchestra is to bring orchestra music to young children in the Colorado community, cultivating music appreciation and enhancing their education through an engaging first-hand experience with the orchestra.
Inside the Orchestra is celebrating a rich history of 60 years as an organization dedicated to supporting and providing music education in Colorado. The organization was established in 1958 by a group of women whose original mission was to support classical and symphonic music programs in the Denver metropolitan community. In the 1980s, they recognized a need for vibrant educational programs to introduce young children to orchestral music, and a need to provide a diverse set of students and families with the opportunity for exposure to the orchestra in a way they would not receive otherwise. With children in mind, unique and interactive programs were designed to engage kids in a way that would plant the seeds for a life-long appreciation of music and augment the music education provided within the educational system. The goals established then are still relevant today, particularly as we see the arts take a backseat throughout our schools. Our goals are continually reevaluated to make sure we are being responsive to the needs of the community.
• Everything was absolutely fabulous. The students learned a lot and were entertained.
• It was a wonderful experience that taught the students much about the music elements and it
was very well put together.
• The conductor kept the program moving at an appropriate tempo for little ones. The music was
captivating and the musicians perfectly aligned to student learning. Thank you for making sure that the love of performance was so obviously shared with our students
• I liked how different genres of the arts were incorporated into the orchestral composition. I also
liked that our program was bilingual, and that the students could experience the music all around them. The musical selections were diverse and great!
• Thank you for bringing this amazing performance to our school. Cultural beauty of this
magnitude is not necessarily afforded to students of color. It was a heartwarming and joyful
experience to see the eyes and smiles of our children add to the beauty. Beethoven, Mozart and Prokofiev are smiling!
• The entire performance was magical. My students were dancing, pretending to be the
conductor, and were entranced by the music the entire time. You brought in humor,
engagement from the children, and so many elements of art - opera, dance, and instrumental performances. My students loved engaging with the performers after the show.
• Thanks for this program! I grew up with a love for music and hope to instill that in my children
also. This was a great starting place.
• I played trumpet through college and has recently found tiny tots. This is such a special event
to take my toddler to and we will be doing so for many years to come. Thank you for the great work you do!
• We had such a wonderful time. Thank you so much, and many thanks to all of the artists for their patience with the children!
• Having a craft for the kids to do at the beginning was a great idea. The instrument petting zoo provided a great opportunity for my granddaughter who is two and a half to touch and
experience the instruments. I would like to compliment all of the staff for being so helpful and friendly.