The mission of Imagine! is to create a world of opportunity for all abilities.
Imagine! was established in 1963 as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization providing supports and services for individuals with developmental disabilities - disabilities that result from neurological impairments that hamper intellectual functioning.
1. initiates entry into local, state, and federally-funded programs and services for this population in Boulder and Broomfield counties,
2. provides a broad range of services directly to individuals and families, and
3. coordinates additional services by conveying government funds to more than 200 other local agencies and individual providers.
Imagine! has been helping local individuals with developmental disabilities to live fulfilling lives of independence and quality for over five decades and has continually adjusted and expanded its services to meet the changing needs of this population.
Imagine!'s services begin at birth and last throughout the lives of the individuals it serves. Services include:
- case management for individuals of all ages
- early intervention and therapeutic services for young children with developmental delays;
- job training and placement for adult
- financial assistance and online tools for family-directed services for children with autism spectrum disorders
- day programs for individuals aged 18 and older
- after school and summer camp programs for school-aged children
- information, referrals, financial assistance, and on-line access to services for families providing at-home care of a person with a developmental disability
- mentorships and money management services for adult
- psychiatric, therapeutic, and behavioral health services for clients with mental health issues as well as developmental disabilities
- a range of residential services for adults, including host home placement, supervised group homes, and limited supervision in their own apartments
In 2000, the Imagine! Foundation was established as a supporting 501(c)(3) organization that serves as Imagine!'s fundraising arm. All donations flow through the Foundation for processing and record-keeping purposes and then are given on a quarterly basis directly to Imagine!. However, all organizational information in this entry relates to Imagine!, which is the central organization and provider of services.
"We loved our therapist! Not only did she do great work with our son, she was invaluable as a sounding board for my fears and concerns. She also did a tremendous job of explaining my son's development and exercises (reasons for doing them), teaching me how I could help him, and showing me what to look for."
Parent of a Child in Dayspring
"I like waking up for work every morning knowing that the members of the Imagine! team are inarguably motivated to do good things for good people. That is a beautiful assumption which I consider myself privileged to have."
Staff Member, Residential Services
"The many good people from Imagine! have done a tremendous job for me as caregivers, finding me a wonderful place to live, and helping me to find a job and volunteer work."
"I don't know where my son and I would be if we did not have the Autism Spectrum Disorders program. We will finally be getting the help we have needed for years. Because of Imagine!, Josh and I have hopes of a calmer and more peaceful life."
Parent of a child in the Autism Spectrum Disorders program
"Dawn has grown so much as a self confident young woman, and her self esteem and follow through with responsibility have been overwhelming. It never would have been possible without Pam's (Dawn's Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor) involvement, guidance, pursuit of this position , and her ability to see Dawn's potential."
Mother of an Individual in the Community and Employment program