It is the mission of Geneva Glen to provide a safe, inspiring atmosphere full of rich traditions where children and young adults develop a love of nature, create life-long friendships, and enrich their character, values and leadership, inspired by dedicated and caring leaders who model exemplary conduct.
Our goal is to provide your camper with a summer camp experience that:
• Stimulates love for and care of the natural world
• Promotes discovery of personal dignity and self-worth
• Encourages respect for all races, creeds and backgrounds
• Develops commitment to enduring values and respect
• Inspires service and responsibility to foster exemplary school and community leaders
Campers achieve these goals through activities and programs led by skilled leaders. These young-adult leaders conduct a varied and exciting program that includes horseback riding, swimming, outdoor adventure programming (hiking, camping, rappelling, ropes course, etc.), archery, cookouts, music, dance, drama, arts-and-crafts, pageantry, rich ceremony, and much more.
Our success can be measured by the high rate of returning campers and staff members - on average, 70% of campers and 65% of staff return to Geneva Glen each summer.
Geneva Glen is one of very few camps able to boast fifth-generation campers.Geneva Glen has been regarded as "magic." It is a place "out of time," it transcends fashion, and it liberates participants from the pressures of the "real world". Geneva Glen seeks to empower all campers and staff to live at their highest level and to enrich their home communities by virtue of their substance and strength of character, enlarged through their Geneva Glen experience.
The adage "Cherishing the past, Seeding the future" reminds us of the thoughtful approach of camp's early leaders who established many of the bedrock traditions still in place today. They couldn't have anticipated that more than one thousand children each summer would reap the benefits of the dynamic and creative programming begun more than 94 years ago. What Geneva Glen offers is more important than ever before. It is with that conviction that we approach you in the hope that your financial gifts will ensure that Geneva Glen continues for many more generations to come.
Areas where your support is needed:
1) Camperships - camp scholarships support deserving children to attend Geneva Glen.
2) Program Excellence Fund - a general operating gift that we can use for program needs/equipment, activity area improvements, building maintenance, staff training and more!
3) Trails and Land Stewardship - with over 550 acres to maintain, your gift to this program will help maintain, improve and increase our trail system and the health of our forest.
4) Endowment - support camp and camperships "long term"; the principal remains untouched and the interest will support camps most important needs.
Founded in 1922 as an educational and leadership training program, Geneva Glen Camp is a private, non-profit organization and we are proud of its nine decades of successful seasons. Geneva Glen is operated by a volunteer Board of Directors, which is comprised of camper parents, former staff, alumni and community leaders. Since Geneva Glen's inception, only three pairs of directors have been employed - through this rich tradition, Geneva Glen welcomes hundreds of second-generation through fifth-generation campers each summer. Campers and leaders of many ethnic, racial and economic backgrounds return year after year, and such continuity produces youth committed to high values and leadership in their communities.
Geneva Glen Camp continually strives to provide a setting that emphasizes the development of sound values and growth of character for each child attending the camp. We offer a unique and exciting educational and comprehensive leadership training
program for children ages 6-16, and camp programs provide the opportunity to live the values of mutual respect, honesty and acceptance of others. Our programs also teach individual responsibility, understanding of cultural differences, courage to live at one's best and care for the natural environment. The vision of Geneva Glen's founders is as bright and clear as it was in 1922, and that vision continues to guide the directors, staff and campers on their journeys through Geneva Glen summers.
With the turning of the calendar each year, we become more convinced of the vital importance and the enduring value of the organized summer camp experience. In today's world, what Geneva Glen offers balances the lives of the camper as well as their family. Camp fosters imagination, inspires love of the natural world, supports healthful physical activity, enables friendships to take root and to grow and strengthen, promotes tolerance and appreciation of diversity, and builds bridges to a meaningful future. Not just an adjunct to a sound education, a summer camp experience ensures the growth of character and affirmation of enduring values which brings lasting meaning to a child's education.
The Geneva Glen experience instills all the values of traditional resident camping, and is also deliberate in growing family in a leadership development context: Geneva Glen is coed, and promotes interaction with the array of age groups - 6 to 16, and with over 35% of camper's progeny of Geneva Glen alum, the "Camp Family" literally grows and strengthens each summer.
Geneva Glen has a 93 year Colorado history of providing a summer camp experience to thousands of children from all states and many international countries. We welcome children from all backgrounds and strive to provide financial assistance to children who could not afford, but would benefit from, an outdoor experience in a safe and supportive environment. Geneva Glen programs are based on several themes which have become a welcome tradition for the many returning campers, which now spans six generations of families!
As we celebrated the 90th anniversary in 2012, our minds and hearts turned to focus on preparing Geneva Glen for its second century. While the task of maintaining the camp buildings, forest, trails and natural environment are ever present and financially challenging, the greater task we take to heart is preserving the 'magic of the Glen.' Geneva Glen is a place where campers can unplug from smart phones, computers and instant messaging so they may develop meaningful interpersonal relationships, experience the outdoors and build life-long friendships and self-confidence in a safe and caring environment.
To preserve the camp experience for its second 100 years, the Board of Directors is focused on:
1. Attracting and retaining the camp staff that embodies the camp values and can perpetuate the 'magic of the Glen' and appreciation of nature.
2. Building an endowment so that tuition is not a barrier to children who may not have the financial means, but can benefit from an outdoor experience and the opportunity to build strong interpersonal skills.
3. Stewardship of the land and environment by developing financial resources that maintain and improve the quality and safety of the camp property.
Your support of Geneva Glen in our journey to preserve and enhance the camp experience for another 100 years is gratefully appreciated.
From the Glen,
President, Geneva Glen Board of Directors
Quotes from our Campers:
* "This is the best place ever. I never get to do any of this stuff
* "I learned how to be the type of person I want to become in life."
* "It's where I can be myself."
* "My summer at Geneva Glen profoudly changed my emotional
toolset and opened my heart."
* "I am so grateful that I can come back every summer and learn something new about camp, about myself and about growing up."