It is the mission of Geneva Glen to provide a safe, inspiring atmosphere full of rich traditions where children and young adults develop a love of nature, create life-long friendships, and enrich their character, values and leadership, inspired by dedicated and caring leaders who model exemplary conduct.
Our goal is to provide your camper with a summer camp experience that:
• Stimulates love for and care of the natural world
• Promotes discovery of personal dignity and self-worth
• Encourages respect for all races, creeds and backgrounds
• Develops commitment to enduring values and respect
• Inspires service and responsibility to foster exemplary school and community leaders
Quotes from our Campers:
* "This is the best place ever. I never get to do any of this stuff
* "I learned how to be the type of person I want to become in life."
* "It's where I can be myself."
* "My summer at Geneva Glen profoundly changed my emotional
toolset and opened my heart."
* "I am so grateful that I can come back every summer and learn something new about camp, about myself and about growing up."
Founded in 1922 as an educational and leadership training program, Geneva Glen Camp is a private, non-profit organization and we are proud of its nine decades of successful seasons. Geneva Glen is operated by a volunteer Board of Directors, which is comprised of camper parents, former staff, alumni and community leaders. Since Geneva Glen's inception, only three pairs of directors have been employed - through this rich tradition, Geneva Glen welcomes hundreds of second-generation through fifth-generation campers each summer. Campers and leaders of many ethnic, racial and economic backgrounds return year after year, and such continuity produces youth committed to high values and leadership in their communities.
Geneva Glen Camp continually strives to provide a setting that emphasizes the development of sound values and growth of character for each child attending the camp. We offer a unique and exciting educational and comprehensive leadership training
program for children ages 6-16, and camp programs provide the opportunity to live the values of mutual respect, honesty and acceptance of others. Our programs also teach individual responsibility, understanding of cultural differences, courage to live at one's best and care for the natural environment. The vision of Geneva Glen's founders is as bright and clear as it was in 1922, and that vision continues to guide the directors, staff and campers on their journeys through Geneva Glen summers.