Children and Youth (infants - 19 years.)
The Family Wellness Surviving and Thriving events offer families who have adopted or provide foster care up to 15 hours of research based, psycho-educational marriage enrichment, parenting and family strengthening training. They leave encouraged and equipped with communication tools that will enrich their marriage and family. They will come away with the knowledge of resources that are available to them in their community that will expand their net of support.
While parents participate in the Wellness Event, their children participate in Super-Hero Academy and Teen Titans where at-risk children (ages 0-12) and youth (ages 13-17) experience a fun-filled day led by specialists where they learn new ways to communicate their needs and desires.
We have served over 370 families since 2008 with marriage and family strengthening education. For three years we participated in a federal "healthy marriage" grant. We were awarded the title "best practices" model each year. Our events now have waiting lists, because the need for this kind of post-placement support is growing along with our reputation for excellence and relevance amongst the families we serve in Southern California and Colorado. Another sign of success is that some of these busy families have been to multiple events. And sometimes families will send money after the event to help scholarship other families into the event.
Some comments from a recent event:
• Fantastic! This is meeting a VERY important , otherwise unmet need!
• The day was very well thought out from start to finish. You may want to consider a weekend retreat:)
• Loved the format, the role playing and the couple participation. The class moved along, yet was substantial.
• Loved the childcare....all of it. I don't think it could be made better - excellent job!
• We loved the childcare. This is always a problem when trying to complete trainings with a large family.
• Thank you so very much!! We appreciate all that you do for us and other families:)