The Colorado BioScience Institute (the Institute) is a 501(c)3 non-profit that provides workforce development training programs to helps create a stronger life science talent pipeline in Colorado. The Institute has programs that reach middle & high school students & teachers up through executive leaders and everyone in between. The Institute provides education, workforce and career development, innovation support and resources for life science professionals, companies, students and educators related to the bioscience industry in Colorado.
The Colorado Bioscience Institute (The Institute) a 501(C)3 was founded in February of 2014. The Institute has a strategic focus of expanding educational opportunities, workforce development, and community awareness around career pathways. Led by a Board of Directors comprised of the state's top BioScience leaders, The Institute provides programs to expand BioScience leadership, workforce development, and education initiatives in Colorado. Current host of programs include:
* STEM Research Experience for Teachers - designed to place middle & high school teachers in a STEM company working 130 hours for the summer and offering 30 hours of professional development to take the experience back to the classroom)
* Biotech P-TECH - offering high schools students in St Vrain Valley Schools the opportunity to participate in a 4-6 year program providing them with a high school diploma and an Associates degree specific to Biotech Manufacturing; allowing students to go directly into the workforce or pursue an undergraduate degree with two years of education already completed
* LabXchange Teacher Training - a program designed to support CO high school life science teachers and students. LabXchange is life science learning resource created by Harvard and supported through the Amgen Foundation. LabXchange is designed to level the playing field for students and to promote science literacy for all through a variety of free resources, simulations, virtual labs, etc. The Institute will work to help train Colorado teachers on effectively utilizing this resource.
* Mentorship Program - pairing undergraduate juniors and senior students with professionals in industry over the course of the academic year for professional development and hands on interaction with leaders in industry
* Industry Showcase - a networking event connecting Colorado life science companies and undergraduate through post doc talent from all the major universities in the metro area.
* Foundations of Leadership - a program supporting mid-level life science managers; building their foundations of leadership by exploring the characteristics of leaders, effective communication and teamwork skills.
* Executive Leadership - providing CEO's the opportunity to build better businesses by learning to resolve strategic problems, drive change through their organization, design and motivate effective teams, and communicate plans and strategy to get to the next level of growth in the venture.