For the fourth year in a row, Environmental Learning for Kids (ELK) is participating in the Colfax Marathon. ELK staff, board, and supporters are running and fundraising for ELK, an inclusive non-profit organization that has been in the Denver community for 22 years. ELK reaches out to underrepresented communities of young people in Colorado with outdoor field activities, in-school science education, career exploration, community enrichment projects, and mentor relationships. YOU can help support ELK via the Colfax Marathon in a variety of ways!
1. Make a gift to support ELK runners in the Colfax Marathon. We have a goal of raising $3,000. Help us make this a reality!
2. Visit www.runcolfax.org to register for the Colfax Marathon and select ELK as your charity partner. It's a fun way to support ELK and be a part of Denver's only marathon! No need to be an experienced runner, there is also a 5K walk portion of the event, the day before the marathon run. Please reach out to Christina at email@example.com with any questions.
3. Fundraise directly on ELK's behalf. You can create your very own fundraising page (similar to this one) and create your very own fundraising goal to support ELK. You can participate in the run, or simply support existing runners with your fundraising page on coloradogives.org.
• $500 Sponsors a classroom of 20 underserved students for a 4 week in-school or after-school science education program.
• $250 Provides an ELK family of 4 with their first overnight camping experience.
• $100 Supports 10 ELK students on a field trip: college campus tour, stewardship project, corporate career, facility tour, etc.
• $50 Provides an ELK youth with their first outdoor experience: fishing, camping, snowshoeing, etc.