THE CHRIS ANTHONY YOUTH INITIATIVE PROJECT "CYIP"
"The mission of the Chris Anthony Youth Initiative Project is to improve quality of life through introducing youth to educational enrichment opportunities. We do this by putting mentors in the classroom, bridging students to experiential opportunities beyond the classroom, providing financial support, and building educational tools that enhance the classroom experience."
THE FIVE PLATFORMS:
1. Mentoring through school visits. During Covid this platform of the Youth Project has been taken into a virtually. A virtual classroom has been designed. Your support underwrites the cost of tying mentors into this platform.
2. Bridging Students to Experiential and Educational Opportunities Beyond the Classroom. This includes field trips that would provide confidence building opportunities that are perhaps out of reach for certain demographics of students.
3. Financial Aid and Scholarships ( groups & individuals)- CYIP loves to be able to provide scholarships to students that qualify for them as to participate in an educational program that otherwise might escape them for financial reasons.
4. The Glide Project "Youth Avalanche Education Curriculum" Snow Science and avalanche education is surprisingly lacking in mountain communities where the youth of the community are spending time in that environment with little or no knowledge. CYIP purchased the educational gear and subcontracted the instructors for the courses.
5. Building was well as keeping fresh educational material as to implement the four platforms above is very important to CYIP mission. CYIP took on the huge goal of producing a documentary surrounding the the history of the WW2 unit that was developed and served in Italy during the end of World War Two. This unit was made up of very international contingent of immigrants which sums of the magic of the United States. The film is called "Mission Mt. Mangart" and CYIP is paying off the production cost for what will be a timeless and educational documentary.
THE HISTORY of the Chris Anthony's outreach dates back over 27 years, starting with a relationship with Colorado Ski Country USA and later Vail Resorts. In 2013, he partnered with the Colorado Non-Profit Development Center to create the Chris Anthony Youth Initiative Project (CYIP) and operate as a 501(c)(3). Over the entire period Chris Anthony has reached over 80,000 students.
Impact has been amazing! http://youtu.be/WwWpZHIqfM0
"Colorado has always led the way in quality of life, fitness adventure and outdoors. The Chris Anthony Youth Initiative Project has taken the unique outdoor assets we have across the state and created a program the will further enhance youth education."
John Hickenlooper, Former Governor of the State of Colorado, United States Senator
CYIP is a Project of Colorado Nonprofit Development Center.
Amount: $1,000.00 Provided By: Chris Anthony Details:
I will personally match the donations for the year up to $1000. However over the past several years have been one of the Youth Project bigger donors.